Administration is responsible for  the safekeeping of records, recording council meeting minutes, maintaining municipal bylaws, and keeping accurate accounting records. The Administrator’s key role is to advise council and make recommendations on all facets of municipal operations while Council is responsible for making a final decision of such operations.

Administrator – Shala Kanasevich  [email protected]

Administrative Assistant – Karen Anderson  [email protected]

Phone: 306-245-3256

Goods & Services Available


Tax Certificates
$30 per parcel

RM Maps
No charge to ratepayers
$15.00+GST non-ratepayers

Pest Control Products
Various poisons for the eradication of rats and mice are available at no charge to ratepayers
Not available to be sold to non-ratepayers

“Slow Watch For Children” signs may only be ordered through the RM Office and is at the cost of the ratepayer; consultation with the Division Councillor may be required to determine placement and location with already-present regulatory signage. Please contact the RM Office for the current cost and to discuss.

The RM may sell culverts to ratepayers at cost if we have some available for use in our inventory. Please inquire with the RM Office or your Division Councillor.

Tree Planter
The RM has two tree-planters available for use by ratepayers at no-charge but will require a $200 deposit and requires a Development Permit Application Permit to be filled out before usage. Please contact the RM office at (306)245-3256 to book it for a certain time.

Public Well
The RM of Francis operates a public well at SE 32-13-13 W2 and have recently switched to a fob-system for access. Please contact the RM office for more information 306-245-3256  Bylaw 2021 03 Public Water Supplies 

Custom Work
Custom Work which includes grading, mowing or conducting snow removal on private lanes is available to ratepayers only when an agreement form has been completed and submitted prior by the landowner affected, at the rates set by Council each year.

Work will only be conducted when the equipment and operators are in the area.
Any unpaid custom work invoices will be added to the property taxes on December 31st.

Please contact the Councilor for your Division to request any custom work – no custom work will be conducted until receipt of the signed form.



*Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided below is intended for reference purposes only and is not a replacement for the actual legislation, please reference The Local Government Election Act, 2015 and Regulations for official purposes*

Elections for rural municipalities are held every four years. Monday, November 9th, 2020 was the provincially set date to elect Reeves and Councillors in odd-numbered divisions in rural municipalities.

Rural municipalities hold an election for selected divisions every two years (odd-numbered divisions in one election period and then for even-numbered divisions in the following election period). Each council member holds office for a four-year term.


(For Election Year 2020)

BE SURE TO BRING YOUR I.D. Voter Identification Poster

The R.M. of Francis No 127 held a municipal election on November 9, 2020, for the Councillors of

Divisions 1 & 5 at the Francis Community Hall, 201 Main St. Francis, SK 9am-8pm

Advanced Voting took place at the RM of Francis Office November 2, 2020 at 127 Main Street 9am-4pm


Running For Council??? Click here

Elections Running For Municipal Council What You Need To Know (click and print)

In order to be eligible to run for election for Reeve or in any one of the open divisions, a person must meet all of the following conditions:

  • At least 18 years of age on the date of the election
  • A Canadian Citizen
  • Eligible to vote in the municipality (See Voter Eligibility)
  • A resident of Saskatchewan
  • Not disqualified from being nominated by The Local Government Elections Act, 2015 or any other Act

A person cannot be nominated or elected as:

  • A Councillor for more than one division; or
  • A Councillor of a division and the Reeve of the municipality

A member of Council whose term of office expires with the upcoming election is not required to resign from his or her current position to seek election.


Persons who are not qualified to be nominated or elected as a member of Council include:

  • A judge of a court; and
  • The auditor or solicitor of the municipality

Before seeking nomination to Council, employees of the municipality, employees of any board or commission appointed by R.M. Council, or employees of a board of education must first obtain a leave of absence in accordance with subsection 80(2) of The Labour Standards Act.  If the employee is successful in being elected to Council, the person is deemed to have resigned from his or her employment on the day before he or she was elected.  Unsuccessful employee candidates are entitled to resume their employment when the leave of absence expires.

Persons having an interest in a contract with the municipality are not disqualified from holding office as a member of Council.


Candidates have the right to:

  • Be in the polling place to observe proceedings while voters are voting.
    • In addition, each candidate may have two agents in attendance at each polling station to observe voting procedures;
    • Candidates and agents may enter and leave the polling place at their pleasure during the hours the poll is open.

Candidates and/or Agents may:

  • Object to the entitlement of any voter intending to vote;
  • Examine a voter’s evidence of identity and residence;
  • Request verification of vouching procedure;
  • Be in the polling place when it closes to observe the ballot count;
  • Object to a decision made by the deputy returning officer to count or reject a ballot;
  • obtain a copy of the Deputy Returning Officer’s Statement of Results;
  • affix their own seal to the ballot box after ballots have been counted;
  • request a recount, if statutory conditions exist; and
  • attend a recount.

Candidates or agents do not have any authority to:

  • directly question a voter; or
  • attempt to influence a voter.

Each candidate may appoint one or more agents in writing, using the prescribed from provided by the municipality after the close of nominations.


BE SURE TO BRING YOUR I.D. Voter Identification Poster

Please reference section 36 of The Local Government Election Act, 2015 when determining voter eligibility.

An eligible voter is entitled to vote only once for Reeve and only once for Division Councillor in the division he or she is entitled to vote in, notwithstanding they may meet more than one of the qualifications.

A person is qualified to be registered as a voter in a rural municipality if he or she on the day of the election:

  • is 18 years old;
  • is a Canadian citizen;
  • has not already voted in the election; and
  • immediately preceding the day of the election meets at least one of the following criteria:

Section 36 (1)(e) The Local Government Elections Act, 2015

  • in the case of a rural municipality:
    (i) has resided in the rural municipality, or land now in the rural
    municipality, for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding
    the day of the election;
    (i.1) is the registered owner of property in the rural municipality, or
    property now situated in the municipality
    (ii) is the assessed person with respect to property in the rural
    municipality, or property now situated in the municipality, pursuant to
    section 207 of The Municipalities Act;
    (iii) is the occupant of a trailer or mobile home in the municipality, or land
    now situated in the municipality, that is the object of a permit required
    pursuant to section 306 of The Municipalities Act;
    (iv) is the spouse of a person mentioned in sub-clause (ii) or (iii); or
    (v) is the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative,
    corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised
    assessment roll with respect to property in the rural municipality that
    is not exempt from taxation


How to determine your electoral division

On the tax notices mailed out in August, it identifies which division a property owner is entitled to vote.

It is important that you reference section 39 of The Local Government Election Act, 2015 for clarification to determine the Division you are eligible to vote as you may have assessed land in more than one Division. If a person is eligible to vote with respect to more than one division, that person is eligible to vote in one division only as set out in section 39.

Division you are Eligible To Vote   (Click and Print)   SECTION 39   of The Local Government Election Act, 2015

The Local Government Election Act, 2015 (click here)


Acceptable Voter Identification (Click and Print)

All voters must provide identification to be eligible to vote. The purpose of the voter identification is to provide proof of identity and to establish residency. Government-issued photo identification is your best option but there are other alternatives available to you.

Option I:

One original piece of identification that includes your photo, name and address.
The identification must be issued by a federal, provincial, or municipal government, such as a Saskatchewan Driver’s License.

If your identification does not meet these criteria it will not be recognized as an acceptable form of photo identification.
If you do not have a driver’s license, you may obtain photo identification from Saskatchewan Government Insurance at little or no cost.

Option II:

Two original pieces of information, both of which must contain your name and at least one that contains your address. Examples of acceptable identification options include a utility bill issued to you within the last six months, and a credit card statement.

Option III:

If you do not possess any form of acceptable identification you may have another voter vouch, or provide assurance of your identity and address, for you. In this case, the following requirements must be met:

  • You must be accompanied by another voter who has acceptable identification.
  • The voter who is vouching for you must be entitled to vote in the Municipality
  • A form to vouch for another voter must be completed. These forms are available at the polling station.
  • No voter shall vouch for more than one person in an election unless the persons to be vouched for are living at the same address as the voucher and are related to the voucher in one of the ways set out in the list of an acceptable voucher.
  • The person who has been vouched for at an election shall not vouch for another person at that election.
  • No election official shall vouch for the identity of any person.
  • No candidate or candidate’s agent shall vouch for the identity of any person.


The R.M. of Francis No 127 will be holding a municipal election on November 9, 2020, for the Councillors of

Divisions 1 & 5 at the Francis Community Hall, 201 Main St. Francis, SK 9am-8pm

Advanced Voting will take place at the RM of Francis Office November 2, 2020 at 127 Main Street 9am-4pm



The Local Government Election Act, 2015 Local Government Election Regulations, 2015 Election Information for Saskatchewan Municipalities


Voter Identification Poster


For any questions, please contact the R.M. office for more information.

Phone 306-245-3256 or email to [email protected]